How do I know I need a Starter Replacement?
Your vehicles starter does exactly what its name says: starts your vehicle. It is an electric motor, which uses electrical energy provided by your battery, to move the internal components of your engine, by spinning your vehicles flywheel or flexplate. Once the initial turning over of the engine is complete, the starter is designed to disengage and remain off, until needed next time you start your vehicle.
Signs of a bad starter:
- Intermittent clicking or no-crank situation, followed by the vehicle starting normally.
- Freewheeling (Here the starter spinning but nothing else happens)
- Starter fails to disengage once the engine is running
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the testing and replacement is between $130-$500 for parts and labor. This price range is averaged across all passenger vehicles. The actual cost depends on your specific make, model and year. Depending on your specific vehicle, this cost may be lower or higher. This cost estimate is for the specific repair listed and doesn’t include additional, related items that may require repair.
What is included:
- Starter testing
- Cable inspection
- Battery test – to ensure there are not other issues
- Installation of new starter if needed
- Starters come with a limited lifetime warranty
Additional components requiring repair or replacement, may result in additional charges
The Fixitfor.us difference:
Most common vehicle repair services can be preformed at your location. This saves you time. No need to arrange drop-offs or pick ups. No sitting in a waiting room. Just continue with your day, while our experts handle your repair. Our Mechanics are all certified. Our business is a registered repair facility in Michigan. We are fully insured and back our service with our warranty.
What we require
- A safe place to work on your vehicle
- Authorization from a property owner or management.
- We do not do repairs in areas restricted by law.
- We do not preform repairs in unsafe location or on unstable surfaces
- We do not preform repairs during serve weather
Book your appointment
Ready to set up your appointment? The whole process can be completed online. Simply choose a day and time that works for you. Let us know what service you need or what your car issues are. You will be contacted with an estimate and the ability to confirm your appoint. We will even send you a reminder. If you aren’t sure when you will want service performed, you can get an estimate without choosing a time.
Are you in our service area?
Our services are available, on site throughout Michigan. Odds are you live near one of the cities we provide service in. Below are some of the common places we perform repair services.