Your vehicles alternator is responsible for re-charging your automotive battery and providing power to things like your stereo, headlight and climate control, while your vehicle is running.
Signs of a bad alternator:
- Battery or Generator light illuminated
- Dim or flickering lights
- Bearing noises or Squeaking
- Vehicle starts with jump start but dies once disconnected
- Vehicle has trouble starting or is slow to start.
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the testing and replacement of an alternator is between $180-$730 for parts and labor.
The cost depends on your specific make, model and year. The cost depends on your specific make, model and year. This price range is averaged across all passenger vehicles. The actual cost depends on your specific make, model and year. Depending on your specific vehicle, this cost may be lower or higher. This cost estimate is for the specific repair listed and doesn’t include additional, related items that may require repair.
Here is what is included:
- Alternator voltage test
- Alternator load test
- Cable inspection
- Battery test – to ensure there are not other issues
- Installation of a replacement alternator (if needed)
- installation of a replacement battery (if needed)
- Alternators come with a limited lifetime warranty
The Fixitfor.us difference:
Most common vehicle repair services can be preformed at your location. This saves you time. No need to arrange drop-offs or pick ups. No sitting in a waiting room. Just continue with your day, while our experts handle your repair. Our Mechanics are all certified. Our business is a registered repair facility in Michigan. We are fully insured and back our service with our warranty.
What we require
- A safe place to work on your vehicle
- Authorization from a property owner or management.
- We do not do repairs in areas restricted by law.
- We do not preform repairs in unsafe location or on unstable surfaces
- We do not preform repairs during serve weather
Book your appointment
Ready to set up your appointment? The whole process can be completed online. Simply choose a day and time that works for you. Let us know what service you need or what your car issues are. You will be contacted with an estimate and the ability to confirm your appoint. We will even send you a reminder. If you aren’t sure when you will want service performed, you can get an estimate without choosing a time.