How do I know I need a Brake Light Switch Replacement?
Your vehicles brake light switch has a simple, but important job: turn on the brake lights when the brake pedal is pushed.
Traditionally, the brake light switch directly controlled the brake lights on the vehicle. Today, vehicles use the brake light switch, to signal the vehicles body control module to turn on the brakes.
Additionally, the switch is responsible for letting your vehicle know you have pressed the brake pedal, allowing you shift out of park.
When these fail or begin to fail you will typically have:
- Brake lights no illuminating
- Unable to physically move the shift out of park.
- Brake lights staying on
- Brake lights flashing or flickering
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the testing and blend door actuator replacement is between $70-$200 for parts and labor. This price range is averaged across all passenger vehicles. The actual cost depends on your specific make, model and year. Depending on your specific vehicle, this cost may be lower or higher. This cost estimate is for the specific repair listed and doesn’t include additional, related items that may require repair.
What is included:
- Testing of brake light switch
- Replacement of faulty brake light switch if needed
- Inspection of related components
- Up to a lifetime warranty against defects
Additional components requiring repair or replacement, may result in additional charges
The Fixitfor.us difference:
Most common vehicle repair services can be preformed at your location. This saves you time. No need to arrange drop-offs or pick ups. No sitting in a waiting room. Just continue with your day, while our experts handle your repair. Our Mechanics are all certified. Our business is a registered repair facility in Michigan. We are fully insured and back our service with our warranty.
What we require
- A safe place to work on your vehicle
- Authorization from a property owner or management.
- We do not do repairs in areas restricted by law.
- We do not preform repairs in unsafe location or on unstable surfaces
- We do not preform repairs during serve weather
Book your appointment
Ready to set up your appointment? The whole process can be completed online. Simply choose a day and time that works for you. Let us know what service you need or what your car issues are. You will be contacted with an estimate and the ability to confirm your appoint. We will even send you a reminder. If you aren’t sure when you will want service performed, you can get an estimate without choosing a time.