Why would I need to replace my tail light assembly?
Your vehicles brake light or tail light assembly, house the the lights which function as your tail light, brake light and turn signal light.
Traditionally these have used a standard incandescent bulb. Typically the only time these assemblies need to be replaced is if they are damaged.
One exception is on newer vehicles. Newer vehicles may use non-serviceable (non-replaceable) LEDs. When one or more of these LEDs stops working, the entire assembly must be replaced.
When this happens you can experience several things:
- Cracked housing
- Condensation behind lens
- No lights (newer factory LED style)
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for repair or replacement of a tail light or brake light housing is between $80-$300 for parts and labor. This price range is averaged across all passenger vehicles. The actual cost depends on your specific make, model and year. Depending on your specific vehicle, this cost may be lower or higher. This cost estimate is for the specific repair listed and doesn’t include additional, related items that may require repair.
What is included:
- Replacement of a physically damaged housing
- Inspection of wiring to ensure there are no other issues
- For newer LED style, verification that the issue isn’t electrical
- Replacement of a non-serviceable LED style housing, if needed.
- Optionally, repairing a housing which is allowing water to leak in
- Up to lifetime warranty against defects
The Fixitfor.us difference:
Most common vehicle repair services can be preformed at your location. This saves you time. No need to arrange drop-offs or pick ups. No sitting in a waiting room. Just continue with your day, while our experts handle your repair. Our Mechanics are all certified. Our business is a registered repair facility in Michigan. We are fully insured and back our service with our warranty.
What we require
- A safe place to work on your vehicle
- Authorization from a property owner or management.
- We do not do repairs in areas restricted by law.
- We do not preform repairs in unsafe location or on unstable surfaces
- We do not preform repairs during serve weather
Book your appointment
Ready to set up your appointment? The whole process can be completed online. Simply choose a day and time that works for you. Let us know what service you need or what your car issues are. You will be contacted with an estimate and the ability to confirm your appoint. We will even send you a reminder. If you aren’t sure when you will want service performed, you can get an estimate without choosing a time.