How do I know I need a Fuel Filter Replacement?
The vehicles Fuel Filter is designed to remove extremely small particles from the fuel system, before they reach the fuel injectors. You typically want to replace the fuel when:
- The scheduled maintenance shows it is time
- Any time foreign contamination enters the tank; such as water, bad fuel, etc
- During fuel system repairs. Primarily when replacing the fuel pump
- Leaks from the fuel filter
- Warning Light – Typically this applies to Diesel fueled vehicles.
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the testing and replacement is between $80-$180 for parts and labor. This price range is averaged across all passenger vehicles. The actual cost depends on your specific make, model and year. Depending on your specific vehicle, this cost may be lower or higher. This cost estimate is for the specific repair listed and doesn’t include additional, related items that may require repair.
What is included:
- Inspection of fuel filter
- Replacement of worn filter
- Inspection of lines near filter for leaks, other issues
- Up to 3 year warranty against defects
Additional components requiring repair or replacement, may result in additional charges
The Fixitfor.us difference:
Most common vehicle repair services can be preformed at your location. This saves you time. No need to arrange drop-offs or pick ups. No sitting in a waiting room. Just continue with your day, while our experts handle your repair. Our Mechanics are all certified. Our business is a registered repair facility in Michigan. We are fully insured and back our service with our warranty.
What we require
- A safe place to work on your vehicle
- Authorization from a property owner or management.
- We do not do repairs in areas restricted by law.
- We do not preform repairs in unsafe location or on unstable surfaces
- We do not preform repairs during serve weather
Book your appointment
Ready to set up your appointment? The whole process can be completed online. Simply choose a day and time that works for you. Let us know what service you need or what your car issues are. You will be contacted with an estimate and the ability to confirm your appoint. We will even send you a reminder. If you aren’t sure when you will want service performed, you can get an estimate without choosing a time.