When should I change my power steering fluid?
The Power Steering Fluid, like automotive fluids break down over time. Power Steering Fluid is the hydraulic fluid, your power steering system uses. This Power Steering Fluid is pressurized by your vehicles Power Steering Pump. This pressurized hydraulic fluid is moved through your vehicles Power Steering system. This allows your vehicle to turn easily.
The Power Steering Fluid in your vehicle should be changed:
- Every two years or every 50,000
- Groaning noise from the power steering pump or steering gear
- Difficulty in turning the steering wheel
- Contaminated fluid (brown/black)
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the testing and replacement is between $40-$100 for parts and labor. This price range is averaged across all passenger vehicles. The actual cost depends on your specific make, model and year. Depending on your specific vehicle, this cost may be lower or higher. This cost estimate is for the specific repair listed and doesn’t include additional, related items that may require repair.
What is included:
- Removal of old fluid
- Addition of new, fluid matching manufacture recommendations
- Bleeding of any air from the system
- Testing of system
- Visual Leak and component Inspection
Additional components requiring repair or replacement, may result in additional charges
The Fixitfor.us difference:
Most common vehicle repair services can be preformed at your location. This saves you time. No need to arrange drop-offs or pick ups. No sitting in a waiting room. Just continue with your day, while our experts handle your repair. Our Mechanics are all certified. Our business is a registered repair facility in Michigan. We are fully insured and back our service with our warranty.
What we require
- A safe place to work on your vehicle
- Authorization from a property owner or management.
- We do not do repairs in areas restricted by law.
- We do not preform repairs in unsafe location or on unstable surfaces
- We do not preform repairs during serve weather
Book your appointment
Ready to set up your appointment? The whole process can be completed online. Simply choose a day and time that works for you. Let us know what service you need or what your car issues are. You will be contacted with an estimate and the ability to confirm your appoint. We will even send you a reminder. If you aren’t sure when you will want service performed, you can get an estimate without choosing a time.
Are you in our service area?
Our services are available, on site throughout Michigan. Odds are you live near one of the cities we provide service in. Below are some of the common places we perform repair services.