How do I know I need a Brake Hose Replacement?
Hydraulic brake systems rely on solid brake lines and flexible brake hoses. Brake hoses are connected where there is movement that would damage solid brake lines. Typically this is at the front wheels and the rear of the vehicle, either in the middle or at each wheel. These flexible brake hoses hoses attach to brake calipers or wheel cylinders and the solid metal lines of your brake system.
When these fail or begin to fail you will typically have:
- Leaking Fluid
- Bulging, tearing or other signs of wear
- Squishy or mushing brake pedal
- Brakes not functioning
- Increased pedal travel
- Increased stopping distance
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the testing, inspection, and replacement is between $80-$300 for parts and labor. This price range is averaged across all passenger vehicles. The actual cost depends on your specific make, model and year. Depending on your specific vehicle, this cost may be lower or higher. This cost estimate is for the specific repair listed and doesn’t include additional, related items that may require repair.
What is included:
- Inspection of brake hose or hoses
- Replacement of worn or damaged brake hoses
- Inspection of related brake components
- Up to a life time warranty against defects
Additional components requiring repair or replacement, may result in additional charges
The Fixitfor.us difference:
Most common vehicle repair services can be preformed at your location. This saves you time. No need to arrange drop-offs or pick ups. No sitting in a waiting room. Just continue with your day, while our experts handle your repair. Our Mechanics are all certified. Our business is a registered repair facility in Michigan. We are fully insured and back our service with our warranty.
What we require
- A safe place to work on your vehicle
- Authorization from a property owner or management.
- We do not do repairs in areas restricted by law.
- We do not preform repairs in unsafe location or on unstable surfaces
- We do not preform repairs during serve weather
Book your appointment
Ready to set up your appointment? The whole process can be completed online. Simply choose a day and time that works for you. Let us know what service you need or what your car issues are. You will be contacted with an estimate and the ability to confirm your appoint. We will even send you a reminder. If you aren’t sure when you will want service performed, you can get an estimate without choosing a time.