Your vehicles radiator cooling fan is responsible for drawing are in, and over the fins of the radiator. This is to dissipate heat from your vehicles engine. While there are vehicles that have fans driven directly by the engine, the major of vehicles on the road use electric fans. These fans are controlled by a coolant temperature switch. These switches monitor the temperature of the coolant and allow the fan to be cycled on and off as needed.
Electric fans may also be triggered by a vehicles A/C system to help dissipate the extra heat generated when the A/C system is running.
When your cooling fan begins to have issue you will likely experience:
- Overheating at Idle, low speeds or in stop-and-go traffic
- Loud noises coming from the fan
- Poor A/C performance
- Noticing the fan isn’t turning on
- Temperature warning light
- Noticing the temperature indicator goes up during extended idle or low speed travel
- Obvious physical damage
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the testing and replacement is between $80-$335 for parts and labor.
This price range is averaged across all passenger vehicles. The actual cost depends on your specific make, model and year. Depending on your specific vehicle, this cost may be lower or higher. This cost estimate is for the specific repair listed and doesn’t include additional, related items that may require repair.
Here is what is included:
- Inspection of cooling fan
- Replacement if necessary
- Inspection of related parts.
The Fixitfor.us difference:
Most common vehicle repair services can be preformed at your location. This saves you time. No need to arrange drop-offs or pick ups. No sitting in a waiting room. Just continue with your day, while our experts handle your repair. Our Mechanics are all certified. Our business is a registered repair facility in Michigan. We are fully insured and back our service with our warranty.
What we require
- A safe place to work on your vehicle
- Authorization from a property owner or management.
- We do not do repairs in areas restricted by law.
- We do not preform repairs in unsafe location or on unstable surfaces
- We do not preform repairs during serve weather
Book your appointment
Ready to set up your appointment? The whole process can be completed online. Simply choose a day and time that works for you. Let us know what service you need or what your car issues are. You will be contacted with an estimate and the ability to confirm your appoint. We will even send you a reminder. If you aren’t sure when you will want service performed, you can get an estimate without choosing a time.