The belt that drives accessories, such as an alternator or A/C compressor needs to have tension so it doesn’t slip. That is where your cars automatic belt tensioner comes in. The tensioner uses a spring to apply a constant and automatically adjusting tension on your vehicles belt. This allows the proper tension to be applied with out the need for manual adjusting.
The automatic belt tension does wear out over time. When this occurs you will often experience the following:
- Squealing noise, (even with a new belt)
- Grinding or clicking noise from the tensioner
- Tensioner or Tension Pulley is misaligned.
- Broken belt
- unusual belt wear
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the testing and replacement of a belt tensioner is between $80-$150 for parts and labor. This price range is averaged across all passenger vehicles. The actual cost depends on your specific make, model and year. Depending on your specific vehicle, this cost may be lower or higher. This cost estimate is for the specific repair listed and doesn’t include additional, related items that may require repair.
Here is what is included:
- Inspection of tension
- Inspection of related components.
- Replacement of belt tensioner if needed
- Replacement of belt if needed.
The Fixitfor.us difference:
Most common vehicle repair services can be preformed at your location. This saves you time. No need to arrange drop-offs or pick ups. No sitting in a waiting room. Just continue with your day, while our experts handle your repair. Our Mechanics are all certified. Our business is a registered repair facility in Michigan. We are fully insured and back our service with our warranty.
What we require
- A safe place to work on your vehicle
- Authorization from a property owner or management.
- We do not do repairs in areas restricted by law.
- We do not preform repairs in unsafe location or on unstable surfaces
- We do not preform repairs during serve weather
Book your appointment
Ready to set up your appointment? The whole process can be completed online. Simply choose a day and time that works for you. Let us know what service you need or what your car issues are. You will be contacted with an estimate and the ability to confirm your appoint. We will even send you a reminder. If you aren’t sure when you will want service performed, you can get an estimate without choosing a time.