Center support bearings are on vehicles which require a long drive shaft, due to their wheel base. The center support bearing allows use of 2 or more drive shaft connected together, instead of one long drive shaft. When the Center Support Bearing fails you will typically experience:
- A squealing or grinding noise when moving the vehicle
- Binding or lack of power when moving the vehicle
- As a result of extreme failure, you have the driveshaft hit the bottom of the vehicle.
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the testing and replacement is between $180-$1730 for parts and labor.
The cost depends on your specific make, model and year. This price range is averaged across all passenger vehicles. The actual cost depends on your specific make, model and year. Depending on your specific vehicle, this cost may be lower or higher. This cost estimate is for the specific repair listed and doesn’t include additional, related items that may require repair.
Here is what is included:
- Inspection of the Center Support Bearing
- Replacement if needed
- Inspection of related components
The Fixitfor.us difference:
Most common vehicle repair services can be preformed at your location. This saves you time. No need to arrange drop-offs or pick ups. No sitting in a waiting room. Just continue with your day, while our experts handle your repair. Our Mechanics are all certified. Our business is a registered repair facility in Michigan. We are fully insured and back our service with our warranty.
What we require
- A safe place to work on your vehicle
- Authorization from a property owner or management.
- We do not do repairs in areas restricted by law.
- We do not preform repairs in unsafe location or on unstable surfaces
- We do not preform repairs during serve weather
Book your appointment
Ready to set up your appointment? The whole process can be completed online. Simply choose a day and time that works for you. Let us know what service you need or what your car issues are. You will be contacted with an estimate and the ability to confirm your appoint. We will even send you a reminder. If you aren’t sure when you will want service performed, you can get an estimate without choosing a time.