Your cars batter stores energy used to start your vehicle. While there are some Lithium Polymer batteries, the standard is still a lead-acid battery. These are either traditional wet-cell batteries or AGM style.
Over time batteries lose the ability to store energy. When this happens you can experience several things:
- Needing repeated jump starts
- No cranking
- Slow cranking of the engine.
- Battery going dead after a short period of time (not from a parasitic load)
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the testing and replacement of an alternator is between $180-$500 for parts and labor.
The cost depends on your specific make, model and year.
Here is what is included:
- Battery voltage test
- Battery load test
- Battery cable inspection
- Battery terminal cleaning
- Alternator test – to ensure your battery is the only issue
- installation of a replacement battery (if needed)
- Batteries warrantied as long as 48 months
Book your appointment
Ready to set up your repair appointment? The whole process can be completed online. Simply choose a day and time that works for you. Let us know what service you need or what your car issues are.
You will be contacted with an estimate and the ability to confirm your appoint. We will even send you a reminder.