Your vehicles brake light or tail light assembly, house the the lights which function as your tail light, brake light and turn signal light.
Traditionally these have used a standard incandescent bulb. Typically the only time these assemblies need to be replaced is if they are damaged.
One exception is on newer vehicles. Newer vehicles may use non-serviceable (non-replaceable) LEDs. When one or more of these LEDs stops working, the entire assembly must be replaced.
When this happens you can experience several things:
- Cracked housing
- Condensation behind lens
- No lights (newer factory LED style)
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the repair or replacement of a tail light or brake light housing is between $80-$300 for parts and labor.
The cost depends on your specific make, model and year.
Here is what is included:
- Replacement of a physically damaged housing
- Inspection of wiring to ensure there are no other issues
- For newer LED systles, verification that the issue isn’t electrical
- Replacement of a non-serviceable LED style housing, if needed.
- Optionally, repairing a housing which is allowing water to leak in
- Up to lifetime warranty against defects
Book your appointment
Ready to set up your repair appointment? The whole process can be completed online. Simply choose a day and time that works for you. Let us know what service you need or what your car issues are.
You will be contacted with an estimate and the ability to confirm your appoint. We will even send you a reminder.