How do I know I need a Control Arm Replacement?
Control arms are a major component of your vehicles steering and suspension system. These are designed to move as your vehicle is driven, to keep the wheels in contact with the ground and allow for proper vehicle control under normal driving conditions. Bushings on the control can wear out overtime – and on some vehicles they are not separately replaceable. The control arm will also have a ball joint when on the front of the vehicle. When these wear out, they may or may no be serviceable independent of the control arm.
- Vehicle Pulling to the Side.
- Uneven Tread Wear.
- Clunking, squeaking, knocking, or popping, noises, when going over bumps
- Clunking, squeaking, knocking, or popping, noises, when steering
- Clunking, squeaking, knocking, or popping, noises, when accelerating, or decelerating
- Vibrations felt in the steering wheel while driving.
- Visual Damage.
- A integrated part has failed; and cant be replaced independently
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the testing, inspection and replacement is between $220-$850 for parts and labor. This price range is averaged across all passenger vehicles. The actual cost depends on your specific make, model and year. Depending on your specific vehicle, this cost may be lower or higher. This cost estimate is for the specific repair listed and doesn’t include additional, related items that may require repair.
What is included:
- Inspection of control arm
- Inspection of related components
- Replacement of damaged control arm
The Fixitfor.us difference:
Most common vehicle repair services can be preformed at your location. This saves you time. No need to arrange drop-offs or pick ups. No sitting in a waiting room. Just continue with your day, while our experts handle your repair. Our Mechanics are all certified. Our business is a registered repair facility in Michigan. We are fully insured and back our service with our warranty.
What we require
- A safe place to work on your vehicle
- Authorization from a property owner or management.
- We do not do repairs in areas restricted by law.
Book your appointment
Ready to set up your appointment? The whole process can be completed online. Simply choose a day and time that works for you. Let us know what service you need or what your car issues are. You will be contacted with an estimate and the ability to confirm your appoint. We will even send you a reminder. If you aren't sure when you will want service performed, you can get an estimate without choosing a time.
Are you in our service area?
Our services are available, on site throughout Michigan. Odds are you live near one of the cities we provide service in. Below are some of the common places we perform repair services.