The master cylinder is the heart of your brake system. When you press the brake pedal, the master cylinder moves fluid from the brake fluid reservoir to your calipers or wheels cylinders. This fluid provides the stopping force for disc or drum brakes.
Signs of a bad Master Cylinder:
- Low or Leaking fluid
- Spongy or squishy brake pedal
- Brake pedal sinking to the floor when holding the pedal
- Failure to engage brakes.
- Contaminated brake fluid
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the testing and replacement is between $80-$335 for parts and labor.
This price range is averaged across all passenger vehicles. The actual cost depends on your specific make, model and year. Depending on your specific vehicle, this cost may be lower or higher. This cost estimate is for the specific repair listed and doesn?t include additional, related items that may require repair.
Here is what is included:
- Inspection and testing of Master Cylinder
- Replacement of Master Cylinder if needed
- Inspection of related components