How do I know I need to replace my timing belt?
A timing belt is a crucial part of your vehicles engine. The timing belt is responsible for keeping other major internal components in sync.
When a timing belt fails, components such as valves and pistons can become severally damaged.
It is important to follow your manufactures recommended replacement schedule to avoid catastrophic failure.
Signs your timing belt may need to be replaced:
- Manufacture recommended time frame
- Engine cranks but wont start
- The engine misfires
- Ticking noise coming from the engine
- Oil leaks from the front of the motor
- The engine acts up between 2000 – 4000 RPM
- More smoke and fumes than normal
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the replacement is between $130-$1440 for parts and labor. This price range is averaged across all passenger vehicles. The actual cost depends on your specific make, model and year. Depending on your specific vehicle, this cost may be lower or higher. This cost estimate is for the specific repair listed and doesn’t include additional, related items that may require repair.
What is included:
- Replacement of timing belt
- Replacement of necessary related components
- Up to a lifetime warranty
Additional components requiring repair or replacement, may result in additional charges
The Fixitfor.us difference:
Most common vehicle repair services can be preformed at your location. This saves you time. No need to arrange drop-offs or pick ups. No sitting in a waiting room. Just continue with your day, while our experts handle your repair. Our Mechanics are all certified. Our business is a registered repair facility in Michigan. We are fully insured and back our service with our warranty.
What we require
- A safe place to work on your vehicle
- Authorization from a property owner or management.
- We do not do repairs in areas restricted by law.
- We do not preform repairs in unsafe location or on unstable surfaces
- We do not preform repairs during serve weather
Book your appointment
Ready to set up your appointment? The whole process can be completed online. Simply choose a day and time that works for you. Let us know what service you need or what your car issues are. You will be contacted with an estimate and the ability to confirm your appoint. We will even send you a reminder. If you aren’t sure when you will want service performed, you can get an estimate without choosing a time.
Are you in our service area?
Our services are available, on site throughout Michigan. Odds are you live near one of the cities we provide service in. Below are some of the common places we perform repair services.