A timing belt is a crucial part of your vehicles engine. The timing belt is responsible for keeping other major internal components in sync.
When a timing belt fails, components such as valves and pistons can become severally damaged.
It is important to follow your manufactures recommended replacement schedule to avoid catastrophic failure.
Signs your timing belt may need to be replaced
- Manufacture recommended time frame
- Engine cranks but wont start
- The engine misfires
- Ticking noise coming from the engine
- Oil leaks from the front of the motor
- The engine acts up between 2000 – 4000 RPM
- More smoke and fumes than normal
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the testing and replacement of a timing belt is between $300-$1320 for parts and labor.
This price range is averaged across all passenger vehicles. The actual cost depends on your specific make, model and year. Depending on your specific vehicle, this cost may be lower or higher. This cost estimate is for the specific repair listed and doesn’t include additional, related items that may require repair.
Here is what is included:
- Replacement of timing belt
- Replacement of necessary related components
- Up to a lifetime warranty
Book your appointment
Ready to set up your repair appointment? The whole process can be completed online. Simply choose a day and time that works for you. Let us know what service you need or what your car issues are.
You will be contacted with an estimate and the ability to confirm your appoint. We will even send you a reminder.