Your vehicles alternator is responsible for re-charging your automotive battery and providing power to things like your stereo, headlight and climate control, while your vehicle is running.
Signs of a bad alternator:
- Battery or Generator light illuminated
- Dim or flickering lights
- Bearing noises or Squeaking
- Vehicle starts with jump start but dies once disconnected
- Vehicle has trouble starting or is slow to start.
Think your alternator is having problems? Let one of our technicians check it for you.
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the testing and replacement of an alternator is between $180-$730 for parts and labor.
The cost depends on your specific make, model and year.
Here is what is included:
- Alternator voltage test
- Alternator load test
- Cable inspection
- Battery test – to ensure there are not other issues
- Installation of a replacement alternator (if needed)
- installation of a replacement battery (if needed)
- Alternators come with a limited lifetime warranty