- Written Estimates – Requirement
- Replaced Parts
- Limited Warranty
- Entire Agreement and Amendment.
- Limitation of Warranty.
- Electronic Signatures
- Governing Law.
- Length of Coverage Period
- Additional Manufacture Warranty
- Used, Salvage, or Recovered Parts
- Customer Provided Parts
- No Further Diagnosistics
- Resolution of Warranty Claims
- Core Charges
- No Coverage and Warranty Void
- Determination of Void of Warranty
- Warranty Claim Process
- Out of Service Area Claims
- Reimbursement and Repair Provider Payments
- Identification Requirements
- Returned of Defect Parts
The following is the legally required disclosures, as required in the state of Michigan. In additional, all warranty information, rates, fees, taxes and other charges are described here.
Written Estimates – Requirement
THIS ESTABLISHMENT IS REGISTERED WITH THE STATE OF MICHIGAN DEPART OF STATE AND IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO FURNISH A CUSTOMER WITH A:
- WRITTEN ESTIMATE IF THE REPAIRS WILL BE $50 OR MORE OR ON REQUEST IF REPAIRS WILL BE LESS THAN $50
- DETAILED STATEMENT OF LABOR AND PARTS SUPPLIED
QUESTIONS REGARDING SERVICE WORK SHOULD BE DIRECTED FIRST TO THE MANAGER OF THIS REPAIR FACILITY
MICHIGAN DEPART OF STATE
P.O BOX 39946, LANSING, MI48909
TOLL-FREE TELEPHONE: 888-767-6424
MON. – FRI., 8:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
DEPARTMENT OF STATE WEBSITE: WWW.MICHIGAN.GOV/SOS.
Any repair work which will cost $50.00 more will come with a written estimate. This estimate will reflect, as closely as possible, the actual cost of the repairs.
- The cost of labor per hour and how many hours are being charged to complete the job
- All parts used in the repair will be listed with their costs
- The condition of each part will be listed (e.g. new, new OEM, rebuilt, remanufactured, used etc.)
- Any costs for shop supplies
- Any costs for hazardous waste disposal
- Any taxes or fees levied by a state, local or federal agency.
In the event that disassembly is required to properly diagnose a problem, the customer will be informed. The customer will be made aware of any disassembly costs and any costs for reassembly, if the customer chooses not to have the repair performed.
Estimate Validity and Diagnostic Fees:
Non-In person Estimates encompass all labor, parts, and supplies required for vehicle repair, based on information provided by the customer. In-person diagnostic estimates are subject to diagnostic fees outlined in the estimate. A minimum call-out/service fee and mileage fee are standard and are incorporated into all estimates and invoices. This fee may be waived if the customer proceeds with the repair.
Disassembly, Reassembly, and Customer Liability:
If disassembly is necessary for accurate diagnosis, the customer is responsible for call-out/service fees, mileage fees, and diagnostic fees. If the customer declines repair work after disassembly, the vehicle will be returned to the customer with all components, but reassembly may involve additional labor charges.
Change in Repair Cost and Customer Approval:
If there is a cost increase due to additional repairs, the customer will receive an updated estimate or invoice. The customer has the choice to accept or reject this change. Rejecting additional repairs may incur call-out and mileage fees, and at our discretion, charges for the work performed.
Customer Authorization and Additional Repairs:
Upon diagnosis, the customer has the option to accept or decline the repair proposal provided by us. If the customer declines further work, they are liable for the call-out/service fee and any mileage fees. If additional parts need replacement during the repair process, the customer will be contacted for authorization if the repair cost increases. Any additional work incurring no extra cost will be documented on the final invoice with a value of $0.00.
No charge estimates may be preformed, in our sole discretion. This does not include anything requiring disassembly, complex or advanced diagnostics. Customers will be provided a quote with a call-out/service fee and any mileage fee. If the customer moves forward with repairs, we may choose to discount this amount from the final invoice. If the customer chooses not go forward with the repair, the call-out/service fee and any mileage fee would be due. All information related to diagnostic costs will be disclosed prior to work being performed and provided in the written estimate.
All repairs, including warranty repairs, come with an invoice. This invoice details all parts and labor associated with the repair as well as any additional fees (e.g. shop supplies, hazardous disposal, etc) This invoice is considered the complete cost for all work which has been completed. This information may be provided in an electronic format.
Customers have the right to receive back all parts replaced, except those that must be returned to a supplier or manufacturer for warranty or rebuilding purposes, which the customer is entitled to inspect with the follow exemption, as listed with the state of Michigan:
- If a part is replaced at no charge, the facility does not have to show the part to the customer. For example, this would include parts replaced under warranty;
- If a part is considered flammable, for safety reasons the facility is not required to return the part. This includes gas tanks or other flammable items, unless such parts are rendered nonflammable. The reason for not returning the part must be clearly explained to the customer;
- Large or heavy parts that are not easily portable need not be immediately returned. The facility should store these parts at the repair facility for the customer’s inspection. The facility may not prevent the customer from removing any large or heavy part at the customer’s own expense.
Due to the on-site nature of our repairs, we will leave any replaced parts with the customer, except those that are required to be returned to a manufacture
The following applies only to repairs not performed on-site.
- All parts, not returned to the customer are held for two days, with the exception of items that bulky or heavy.
- Bulky or heavy parts are held for 7 days.
- The customer can cancel this requirement by authorizing the disposal of the parts.
Parts which are subject to a core charge, can be returned to the customer. However the customer is liable for all core costs. The fee for cores will refunded to the customer, once the part is returned.
Upon request, a customer is entitled to an explanation of the reason why a part was replaced.
Authorization to Commence Repair Work:
By accepting a quote and agreement, the Customer, either as the vehicle owner or an authorized representative, grants us the permission to operate the vehicle as needed for diagnosis or repair and grants us permission to perform any approved repair work.
Vehicle Operation and Delays:
Customers authorizing repair work grant us the authority to drive the vehicle as necessary for diagnosis or confirmation of proper repair. Customers acknowledge potential delays due to parts unavailability or shipment delays. We will make reasonable efforts to mitigate and communicate these delays promptly.
Location-Specific Work Authorization:
The Customer grants us the authorization to perform the repair work at the specified location. In instances where the location is under the ownership of a third party, the Customer asserts that they have obtained the necessary permissions for the work to proceed.
Cessation of Work Upon Request:
In the event of a request by a third-party owner to halt repair work, the Customer agrees to pay Fixitforus Automotive LLC for the work completed up to that point. Additionally, the Customer acknowledges their commitment to cover any associated Service Call and Mileage Fees.
Verification of Insurance and Registration:
Unless otherwise notified, the Customer affirms the proper registration and insurance of the vehicle. The Customer further acknowledges their responsibility for any fees or penalties related to improper registration or insurance.
Parts Return and Warranty Terms:
Customers are entitled to receive replaced parts except those needed for warranty or rebuilding purposes, which customers may inspect. Parts not immediately returned are held for a minimum of 2 business days, during which customers may request their return. After this period, parts are recycled or disposed of. Customers can opt to decline parts return at any time. All repairs (unless otherwise specified) include a 24-Month/24,000-mile warranty on both parts and labor when provided by our company, subject to our attached Warranty Terms listed below. The Warranty Terms are included with all invoices and estimates.
Fixitforus Automotive LLC (“Fixitfor.us,” “we” or “us”) hereby provides this Limited Warranty (“Warranty”) to the party requesting the Service (“Customer,” “You”) for auto repair or maintenance services (“Vehicle Services,” “Repair Services”). This Warranty outlines the terms and conditions governing the coverage offered by us. We urge you to thoroughly review the following provisions, which elucidate the parties covered by this warranty, the coverage duration, the procedure for filing claims, and the conditions leading to the voiding of this warranty.
Entire Agreement and Amendment.
This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the matters covered herein and supersede all prior agreements and understandings, oral or written, between the parties hereto concerning the subject matter Limited Warranty. This Agreement may be amended only by a written instrument executed by both parties.
Limitation of Warranty.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT, FIXITFORUS AUTOMOTIVE LLC DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTY, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO ANY OF THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SERVICES OR LICENSES PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT.
Each party agrees that the electronic signatures, whether digital or encrypted, of the parties included in this Agreement, if any, are intended to authenticate this writing and to have the same force and effect as manual signatures.
This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Michigan without regard to conflict of laws and all disputes arising under or relating to this Agreement shall be brought and resolved solely and exclusively in the State Court located in Michigan. Should any legal action be commenced in connection with this Agreement, the prevailing party in such action shall be entitled to recover, in addition to court costs, such amount as the court may adjudge as reasonable attorneys’ fees.
If any provision of this Agreement shall be held or made invalid by a court decision, statute or rule, or shall be otherwise rendered invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby.
This Limited Warranty extends to you as the original purchaser of Vehicle Services provided by a Technician scheduled through us. Subject to the exclusions, limitations and conditions set forth below, we warrant that the Vehicle Services will be free from defects in:
- Material: Parts replaced in the performance of the Vehicle Services;
- and workmanship – that the Vehicle Services were performed correctly without significant or detrimental deviation from either standard industry practices or manufactures recommended service procedures.
Coverage extends only to the actual cost of:
- Parts Replaced during the vehicle services provided by us;
- Labor charges related to the vehicle service where a defect is alleged.
- The cost of labor to replace a or correct a material defect will be covered under this agreement; in accordance with the other provisions outlined below.
- The cost of labor to replace or correct a material defect, up to the amount paid by You.
Length of Coverage Period
This Limited Warranty lasts for 24 months or 24,000 miles of use, whichever comes first, measured from the date the Vehicle Services are provided and the odometer reading shown on the applicable invoice (the “Warranty Period”). Any remedial work performed under this Limited Warranty will not restart the Warranty Period.
Additional Manufacture Warranty
Some materials provided by Us may carry a separate warranty that extends beyond the Limited Warranty Period. In those instances, the term of the manufacturer’s warranty will apply to the materials. Workmanship will remain subject to the Warranty Period, unless additionally covered by the manufacturer.
Used, Salvage, or Recovered Parts
You have the option to use parts which come from Used, Salvage or otherwise Recovered Parts. If used, salvage, or recovered parts are utilized in the Vehicle Services, the warranty period is limited to 30 days. The Broker or Seller’s warranty, if applicable, covers parts and labor, subject to the 30-day limit, unless otherwise stated in writing.
Customer Provided Parts
When customers provide their own parts, we do not warrant the correctness of the parts’ application. We only cover workmanship. Any warranties for customer-provided parts are the responsibility of the customer.
No Further Diagnosistics
If customer provides parts and chooses to forego any additional diagnostic procedures, we make no warranty as to the completeness of the repair or that it will resolve the customers complaint.
Resolution of Warranty Claims
If a defect is found within the Warranty Period, we may, at our option and at no additional cost to you:
- Engage a Technician to perform remedial service work and/or replace defective parts; or
- Engage a third-part shop to perform remedial service work and/or replace defective parts; or
- Refund any amount paid by you for the Vehicle Services.
Refunds issue by us, due to defects in material may require the return of the defective part prior to issuing a refund or will be issued, minus any core fee charged to us by our suppliers
No Coverage and Warranty Void
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Damage caused by abnormal use, commercial ventures, misuse, neglect, alteration, or external causes such as accidents, fire, water, freezing, theft, vandalism, or other criminal activities;
- Diagnostic or inspection services, including pre-purchase inspections;
- Issues unrelated to the Vehicle Services ordered by you;
- Pre-existing conditions unknown to the Technician before the Vehicle Services;
- Consequential effects unrelated to defective parts or incorrect repair work;
- Unresolved issues when the customer chooses to provide parts without further diagnostics.
This Limited Warranty is entirely void if:
- Vehicle Service deviates from the manufacturer’s recommendation at the customer’s request;
- Vehicle is taken to another facility after our services without giving us the opportunity to inspect or remedy the issue;
- Adjustments or modifications to existing parts are made, not including parts replacements, by the customer or by a third party at the customer’s request
This Limited Warranty is partial void when:
- Any parts not ordered through us are installed by the Technician;
In such case only workmanship is warrantied. No parts or materials are warrantied.
Determination of Void of Warranty
Determinations of warranty void will be made by us in our sole discretion, within the laws of the state of Michigan.
Warranty Claim Process
Warranty claims are processed when the form is completed at: https://fixitfor.us/warranty-claim?swcfpc=1 or we are notified via email to warra[email protected], including the invoice copy or specific details:
- Repair Order/Invoice #
- Technician Name
- Time/Date of Repair
- Repair Service
- Current Mileage
- Nature of problem
- License Plate or VIN
Preliminary eligibility is determined based on mileage, date of service, vehicle identification, and the service invoice.
Eligible claims will result in inspection by our Technician. If a defect in materials or workmanship is found, we may at our sole discretion:
- Perform remedial service work and/or replace defective parts;
- Provide a refund for services and materials;
- Arrange for a third-party shop to perform necessary service work, up to the initial service cost;
- Use any combination of the above remedies.
Ineligible claim – Discretionary Fees:
We retain the right to charge one (1) hour of labor, a call-out/service fee, and mileage, at our discretion, in cases where a Warranty Claim is deemed void due to the absence of a material or workmanship defect, and it is reasonably apparent that the claim does not fall under this warranty.
Out of Service Area Claims
Claims made outside our service area may be serviced by a Repair Provider selected by us. If the defect in workmanship or material is confirmed, we will either directly pay the Repair Provider or reimburse you for the repair cost up to the amount paid for the Vehicle Services.
Any discounts or promotions you applied towards payment of the Vehicle Services will not count as amounts you paid and may be deducted at our sole discretion.
Reimbursement and Repair Provider Payments
We will attempt direct payment to the Repair Provider. If direct payment is not possible, we will reimburse you. Reimbursement requires an inspection report or invoice proving the defect and the Repair Provider’s contact information. Invoices or inspection reports must contain vehicle identification information and current mileage.
Reimbursement will be sent customer in one of the following methods, as selected by the customer:
- Certified Check
- Pre-paid debit card
- Refund to initial payment method (except as cash, unless claimed in person)
- Direct Deposit or ACH
Proof of identity or ownership may be requested before processing claims under this Limited Warranty. Required documents include government-issued photo ID, driver’s license, vehicle registration, and matching repair service request information.
Returned of Defect Parts
Defective parts replaced under this warranty become our property and are not required to be returned to the customer. Parts may be examined by the customer. When defective parts are replaced outside the service area, there is no expectation of parts being returned to us, except where return methods will be provided by us at our expense.
By requesting and accepting Vehicle Services, you acknowledge and accept the terms of this Limited Warranty as outlined above.