Drum brake use a wheel cylinder to provide the force needed to stop the vehicle. The wheel cylinder pushes brake shoes against the brake drum.
Wheel cylinders can fail. When this happens you can experience several things:
- Increased pedal travel
- Increased stopping distance
- Lower brake pedal
- Leaking fluid
- Scraping or metallic sounds
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the testing and replacement of wheel is between $140-$320 for parts and labor.
This price range is averaged across all passenger vehicles. The actual cost depends on your specific make, model and year. Depending on your specific vehicle, this cost may be lower or higher. This cost estimate is for the specific repair listed and doesn’t include additional, related items that may require repair.
Here is what is included:
- Replacement of worn/damaged wheel cylinder
- Inspection of brake drum
- Inspection of brake shoes
- Inspection of related components.
- Replacement of brake shoes if needed (leaking fluid will damage brake shoes)
- Replacement of brake hardware if needed.
- Replacement of brake drum if needed
- Up to a lifetime warranty (excludes normal wear, abuse or neglect)
Book your appointment
Ready to set up your repair appointment? The whole process can be completed online. Simply choose a day and time that works for you. Let us know what service you need or what your car issues are.
You will be contacted with an estimate and the ability to confirm your appoint. We will even send you a reminder.