How do you file a claim under this Limited Warranty?
You can complete our warranty claim form or may email [email protected] with the following information included:
- Repair Order/Invoice #
- Technician Name
- Time/Date of Repair
- Repair Service
- Current Mileage
- Nature of problem
- License Plate
Who is covered by this Limited Warranty?
This Limited Warranty, which is provided by Fixitforus Automotive LLC (“Fixitfor.us,” “we” or “us”), extends to you as the original purchaser of auto repair or maintenance services (“Vehicle Services”) provided by a Technician that you have requested and scheduled with us.
This Limited Warranty does not extend to any person who may purchase your car after the Vehicle Services are performed.
What does this Limited Warranty cover?
Subject to the exclusions, limitations and conditions set forth below, we warrant that the Vehicle Services will be free from defects in:
- materials (i.e., that the parts replaced in the performance of the Vehicle Services are not defective and perform as expected under normal usage conditions); and
- workmanship (i.e., that the Vehicle Services were performed correctly).
How long will coverage under this Limited Warranty last?
This Limited Warranty lasts for 12 months or 12,000 miles of use, whichever comes first, measured from the date the Vehicle Services are provided and the odometer reading shown on the applicable invoice (the “Warranty Period”). Note that any remedial work performed under this Limited Warranty will not restart the Warranty Period.
Some materials provided by Technicians may carry a separate warranty that extends beyond the Warranty Period and our covered by. In those instances, the term of the manufacturer’s warranty will apply to the materials (but workmanship will remain subject to the Warranty Period).
What will we do in the event of a defect in the Services during the Warranty Period?
If there is a materials or workmanship defect within the Warranty Period, we will, at our option and at no additional cost to you: (i) engage a Technician without charge to you to perform remedial service work and/or replace defective part(s) installed in connection with the Vehicle Services; or (ii) refund any amount actually paid by you to us for the Vehicle Services. (Note that any discounts or promotions you applied towards payment of the Vehicle Services will not count as amounts you paid for purposes of any refund under this Limited Warranty.)
In the event that a refund is to be issued due to defective materials, we may require the return of the defective part or parts at issue prior to processing a refund. We will not be responsible for any core fee charges incurred by you associated with returning the defective part or parts to us.
We neither assume nor authorize anyone to assume for us any other obligation or liability in connection with the Vehicle Services.
What is not covered by this Limited Warranty?
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Any damage to your car caused by abnormal use (such as use in a commercial venture), misuse, neglect (such as not performing maintenance services in accordance with the instructions in the owner’s manual for your car), alteration or tampering, or by external causes (such as accidents, fire, water and freezing);
- Any diagnostic or inspection service including pre-purchase inspection services.
- Any issues unrelated to the Vehicle Services ordered by you
- Any pre-existing condition with your car that is not known by the Technician prior to starting the Vehicle Services and that is discovered during or after the Vehicle Services are performed
- Any consequential effects of the Vehicle Services performed, unrelated to any of the parts replaced being defective or any of the repair work being done incorrectly (e.g., if you request a transmission fluid service, but because you have not been replacing the transmission fluid regularly, when the Technician replaces the fluid, with the right fluid installed properly, your transmission stops shifting properly because it cannot handle the new fluid—this is a “consequential effect” not covered by this Limited Warranty).
This Limited Warranty is entirely void when:
- Any parts not ordered through us are installed by the Technician;
- Any Vehicle Service request is made by you that deviates from a manufacturer’s recommendation; or
- After receiving the Vehicle Services, you take your vehicle to another shop, repair facility or mechanic to diagnose or repair a problem believed to be associated with such Vehicle Services, without giving us the first opportunity to inspect and remedy the problem (or to consent to an alternative person or shop from doing so).
- Any determination of whether this Limited Warranty does not apply or is otherwise void as to a particular warranty claim shall be made by us in our sole discretion.
- You will be charged for one hour of labor fees if a service call is made under this Limited Warranty for an alleged defect determined not to be the result of a defect in materials or workmanship of the Vehicle Services. You must pay for any non-warranty service ordered at the same time as any warranty service.
- Any services that require adjustments of existing parts and not parts replacements
What is the process for a claim filed under this Limited Warranty?
Once you file a claim with us, our claims team will evaluate the claim to determine preliminary eligibility for coverage of Vehicle Services under this Limited Warranty. If eligible, we will send a Technician to inspect the problem. If the Technician determines that there is a defect in materials or workmanship of the Vehicle Services and we elect to perform remedial service work and/or replace defective part(s) installed (instead of providing a refund), we will create a new appointment to perform such work and/or replace such part(s) at no cost to you.
If the Technician determines that the claimed defect is not the result of a defect in materials or workmanship of the Vehicle Services, you will be charged for one hour of labor fees.
What happens if you are outside our service area when you file a claim?
If you file a claim and we determine there is no qualified Technician available to provide service, we will authorize you to take your car to a registered automotive repair shop or dealer service center that we select. If the repair shop or service center determines that the claimed defect is a result of a defect in materials or workmanship of the Vehicle Services, we will reimburse you for the cost of the repair up to the amount actually paid by you to us for the Vehicle Services. (Note that any discounts or promotions you applied towards payment of the Vehicle Services will not count as amounts you paid.)
To receive reimbursement you must supply us with a copy of the inspection report and the repair invoice from the registered automotive repair shop or dealer service center together with the repair shop or dealer service center’s phone number. We may also require return of any parts found to be defective.
May you keep any defective parts replaced under this Limited Warranty?
No. All defective parts replaced under this Limited Warranty must be returned to us.