Fixitforus Automotive LLC (“Fixitfor.us,” “we” or “us”) hereby provides this Limited Warranty (“Warranty”) to the party requesting the Service (“Customer,” “You”) for auto repair or maintenance services (“Vehicle Services,” “Repair Services”). This Warranty outlines the terms and conditions governing the coverage offered by us. We urge you to thoroughly review the following provisions, which elucidate the parties covered by this warranty, the coverage duration, the procedure for filing claims, and the conditions leading to the voiding of this warranty.
Entire Agreement and Amendment.
This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the matters covered herein and supersede all prior and contemporaneous agreements and understandings, oral or written, between the parties hereto concerning the subject matter hereof. This Agreement may be amended only by a written instrument executed by both parties hereto.
Limitation of Warranty.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT, FIXITFORUS AUTOMOTIVE LLC DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTY, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO ANY OF THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SERVICES OR LICENSES PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT.
Each party agrees that the electronic signatures, whether digital or encrypted, of the parties included in this Agreement, if any, are intended to authenticate this writing and to have the same force and effect as manual signatures.
This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Michigan without regard to conflict of laws and all disputes arising under or relating to this Agreement shall be brought and resolved solely and exclusively in the State Court located in Michigan. Should any legal action be commenced in connection with this Agreement, the prevailing party in such action shall be entitled to recover, in addition to court costs, such amount as the court may adjudge as reasonable attorneys’ fees.
If any provision of this Agreement shall be held or made invalid by a court decision, statute or rule, or shall be otherwise rendered invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby.
This Limited Warranty extends to you as the original purchaser of Vehicle Services provided by a Technician scheduled through us. Subject to the exclusions, limitations and conditions set forth below, we warrant that the Vehicle Services will be free from defects in:
- Material: Parts replaced in the performance of the Vehicle Services;
- and workmanship – that the Vehicle Services were performed correctly without significant or detrimental deviation from either standard industry practices or manufactures recommended service procedures.
Coverage extends only to the actual cost of:
- Parts Replaced during the vehicle services provided by us;
- Labor charges related to the vehicle service where a defect is alleged.
- The cost of labor to replace a or correct a material defect will be covered under this agreement; in accordance with the other provisions outlined below.
- The cost of labor to replace or correct a material defect, up to the amount paid by You.
Length of Coverage Period
This Limited Warranty lasts for 24 months or 24,000 miles of use, whichever comes first, measured from the date the Vehicle Services are provided and the odometer reading shown on the applicable invoice (the “Warranty Period”). Any remedial work performed under this Limited Warranty will not restart the Warranty Period.
Additional Manufacture Warranty
Some materials provided by Us may carry a separate warranty that extends beyond the Limited Warranty Period. In those instances, the term of the manufacturer’s warranty will apply to the materials. Workmanship will remain subject to the Warranty Period, unless additionally covered by the manufacturer.
Used, Salvage, or Recovered Parts
You have the option to use parts which come from Used, Salvage or otherwise Recovered Parts. If used, salvage, or recovered parts are utilized in the Vehicle Services, the warranty period is limited to 30 days. The Broker or Seller’s warranty, if applicable, covers parts and labor, subject to the 30-day limit, unless otherwise stated in writing.
Customer Provided Parts
When customers provide their own parts, we do not warrant the correctness of the parts’ application. We only cover workmanship. Any warranties for customer-provided parts are the responsibility of the customer.
No Further Diagnosistics
If customer provides parts and chooses to forego any additional diagnostic procedures, we make no warranty as to the completeness of the repair or that it will resolve the customers complaint.
Resolution of Warranty Claims
If a defect is found within the Warranty Period, we may, at our option and at no additional cost to you:
- Engage a Technician to perform remedial service work and/or replace defective parts; or
- Engage a third-part shop to perform remedial service work and/or replace defective parts; or
- Refund any amount paid by you for the Vehicle Services.
Refunds issue by us, due to defects in material may require the return of the defective part prior to issuing a refund or will be issued, minus any core fee charged to us by our suppliers
No Coverage and Warranty Void
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Damage caused by abnormal use, commercial ventures, misuse, neglect, alteration, or external causes such as accidents, fire, water, freezing, theft, vandalism, or other criminal activities;
- Diagnostic or inspection services, including pre-purchase inspections;
- Issues unrelated to the Vehicle Services ordered by you;
- Pre-existing conditions unknown to the Technician before the Vehicle Services;
- Consequential effects unrelated to defective parts or incorrect repair work;
- Unresolved issues when the customer chooses to provide parts without further diagnostics.
This Limited Warranty is entirely void if:
- Vehicle Service deviates from the manufacturer’s recommendation at the customer’s request;
- Vehicle is taken to another facility after our services without giving us the opportunity to inspect or remedy the issue;
- Adjustments or modifications to existing parts are made, not including parts replacements, by the customer or by a third party at the customer’s request
This Limited Warranty is partial void when:
- Any parts not ordered through us are installed by the Technician;
In such case only workmanship is warrantied. No parts or materials are warrantied.
Determination of Void of Warranty
Determinations of warranty void will be made by us in our sole discretion, within the laws of the state of Michigan.
Warranty Claim Process
Warranty claims are processed when the form is completed at: https://fixitfor.us/warranty-claim/ or we are notified via email to [email protected], including the invoice copy or specific details. Preliminary eligibility is determined based on mileage, date of service, vehicle identification, and the service invoice.
Eligible claims will result in inspection by our Technician. If a defect in materials or workmanship is found, we may at our sole discretion:
- Perform remedial service work and/or replace defective parts;
- Provide a refund for services and materials;
- Arrange for a third-party shop to perform necessary service work, up to the initial service cost;
- Use any combination of the above remedies.
Ineligible claim – Discretionary Fees:
We retain the right to charge one (1) hour of labor, a call-out/service fee, and mileage, at our discretion, in cases where a Warranty Claim is deemed void due to the absence of a material or workmanship defect, and it is reasonably apparent that the claim does not fall under this warranty.
Out of Service Area Claims
Claims made outside our service area may be serviced by a Repair Provider selected by us. If the defect in workmanship or material is confirmed, we will either directly pay the Repair Provider or reimburse you for the repair cost up to the amount paid for the Vehicle Services.
Any discounts or promotions you applied towards payment of the Vehicle Services will not count as amounts you paid and may be deducted at our sole discretion.
Reimbursement and Repair Provider Payments
We will attempt direct payment to the Repair Provider. If direct payment is not possible, we will reimburse you. Reimbursement requires an inspection report or invoice proving the defect and the Repair Provider’s contact information. Invoices or inspection reports must contain vehicle identification information and current mileage.
Reimbursement will be sent customer in one of the following methods, as selected by the customer:
- Certified Check
- Pre-paid debit card
- Refund to initial payment method (except as cash, unless claimed in person)
- Direct Deposit or ACH
Proof of identity or ownership may be requested before processing claims under this Limited Warranty. Required documents include government-issued photo ID, driver’s license, vehicle registration, and matching repair service request information.
Returned of Defect Parts
Defective parts replaced under this warranty become our property and are not required to be returned to the customer. Parts may be examined by the customer. When defective parts are replaced outside the service area, there is no expectation of parts being returned to us, except where return methods will be provided by us at our expense.
By requesting and accepting Vehicle Services, you acknowledge and accept the terms of this Limited Warranty as outlined above.