How do I know I need an Orifice Tube Replacement?
The Orifice Tube allows for the metering of refrigerant in your vehicles AC System. Unlike an Expansion Valve an Orifice Tube is fixed and makes no metering adjustments.
Signs that you need a replacement are:
- Air conditioning doesn?t cool sufficiently
- Frost coming out of vents
- Compressor continuously running
- A compressor has failed in the system
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the testing and replacement is between $80-$160 for parts and labor. This price range is averaged across all passenger vehicles. The actual cost depends on your specific make, model and year. Depending on your specific vehicle, this cost may be lower or higher. This cost estimate is for the specific repair listed and doesn’t include additional, related items that may require repair.
What is included:
- Diagnostics preformed on Air Conditioning System
- Removal of the damaged component and installation of replacement
- Proper removal of refrigerant from your vehicles Air Conditioning System.
- Ensuring the system is properly sealed
- Proper refilling of your Air Conditioning system with refrigerant.
Additional components requiring repair or replacement, may result in additional charges
How it works
Request a service:
Get a quote online or set-up a time to have your vehicle looked at.
Choose your service time:
Pick time slots that work for you, easily, online. We will confirm appointments and send reminders.
Get your vehicle repaired:
No waiting at the shop. Our mechanics bring everything that is needed to you. All you have to do is provided a safe area for the work to be performed.
What what need from you
A safe place to work on your vehicle:
No working on the side of busy roads, No working on unstable or steep surfaces. We do not perform repairs during severe weather.
Authorization from a property owner or management.
If you rent please ensure work can be performed where your vehicle is. If your repair work is being done in a parking lot or at your place of employment, please ensure you have permission to have work performed. We do not do repairs in areas restricted by law.