A Window Regulator is the mechanical device which moves your window up and down. It changes the rotational movement of a Window Motor or Window Crank to up-and-down movement. This allows your Window to go up and down and turn the Crank of using the window switch.
Over time it is possible for the WindowRegulator to wear out and fail. When this happens you will typically experience the following symptoms:
- Window doesn’t go up or down evenly
- Window fails to move, even though you hear the window motor.
- Grinding or clicking noise when operating window
- Window moving down by itself.
- Window drops into the door
How much will it cost?
The typical cost for the testing and replacement of a Window Regulator is between $170-$320 for parts and labor. This price range is averaged across all passenger vehicles.
The actual cost depends on your specific make, model and year. Depending on your specific vehicle, this cost may be lower or higher. This cost estimate is for the specific repair listed and doesn’t include additional, related items that may require repair.
Here is what is included:
- Inspection of Window Regulator
- Inspection of Window Motor
- Replacement of Window Regulator if needed
- Replacement of related necessary hardware if needed.